This versatile recipe combines eggs, potatoes, and onion going from stovetop to oven for the finishing touch. Cut into wedges as part of a delicious breakfast, brunch or any meal.
1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (scrubbed, about 2 potatoes)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium yellow onion (peeled and chopped)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put the potatoes in a non-stick skillet on the stove and cover with cold water. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook about 15 minutes until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife.
3. Drain the potatoes well and set aside to cool. Then peel and cut into 1-inch cubes.
4. Put the eggs, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix well with a whisk.
5. Return the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the oil. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes until soft. Add the cubed potatoes.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and onions. Press down with a spatula to make an even layer and shake gently to prevent sticking. Lower to medium heat and cook about 7 minutes.
7. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the frittata is completely set, about 5 minutes.
8. Gently loosen frittata from the pan. Place a serving plate over the skillet and carefully invert the frittata onto the plate.
9. Slice into 4 wedges. Serve warm.